There are numerous H series errors that users encounter while switching QuickBooks from single-user mode to multi-user mode.
There are numerous H series errors that users encounter while switching QuickBooks from single-user mode to multi-user mode. One most common of them is QuickBooks error H505 that pops up with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The error mainly occurs because of a problem in the multi-user connection with the server. To fix this, reset the host multi-user access on the server computer and the workstation. Go through the complete to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks error code H505.
Troubled because of QuickBooks Error H505? Try communicating with certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our toll-free number +1-888-704-1357.
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Multi-User error H505
The error takes place because of the following reasons:
- Damage or corruption in QuickBooks network data file.
- QuickBooks services are not enabled on the server computer.
- Inappropriate hosting setup on the server computer and the workstation.
- Windows Firewall is obstructing QuickBooks from connecting to the host computer.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error code H505
Solution 1. Reset Multi-User Access on the server and workstation
- Move to the workstation where you get QuickBooks error message h505 and run QuickBooks.
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu instead of opening the company file.
- Select Utilities and look for the Host Multi-User Access option. If this option is visible, this workstation is fine. Go to the next one.
- If you find the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option on the next workstation, select it.
- Follow the same procedure to check all workstations where you see QuickBooks error message h505.
- Move to your server computer after checking all workstations.
- Open QuickBooks, select the File tab, and choose Utilities.
- If the Host Multi-User Access option is visible on the workstation, click it.
Solution 2. Configure firewall settings to add QuickBooks in exceptions
- Click the Windows Start menu, write ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search and open it.
- Choose advanced settings, right-click Inbound Rules and choose New Rule.
- Click Port, then Next, and mark the TCP option.
- Go to the specific local port fields, and write the specific port of your QuickBooks year version.
- Click next after entering the port and select Allow the connection.
- Mark all the profiles, click next and create a new rule.
- Name the new rule as ‘QB Ports (year) and click Finish.
Read more: QuickBooks Closes unexpectedly | QuickBooks Restore Failed |
Solution 3. Download QB Tool Hub and run File Doctor
- Close QuickBooks, open the browser and download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on the server computer.
- The file gets saved to the Downloads folder. Open the folder and then the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to install the tool hub and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- After installing, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and choosing Company File Issues.
- Choose your company file from the file doctor by scrolling the drop-down menu.
- If your file is not there, click Browse and search to find it, and then select the Check your file and network option.
- Enter log-in details when prompted and click Next.
We believe the troubleshooting solutions given above will surely help you fix QuickBooks error H505. If the problem persists, call us on our toll-free number +1-888-704-1357 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
Read the Article: QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly | QuickBooks Data Recovery Services