What are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?

Posted 3 months ago in HOME & GARDEN.

Outside molds are an essential component of an ecosystem, as they help break plant and animal matter. But, inside mold can be problematic and exacerbate the problem if not removed.

What are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?

Mold usually grows in the darker and dampest spaces where there’s no exposure to sunlight. It not only damages your property but also triggers some severe health problems. To comprehend what you are dealing with, let’s examine the mold's symptoms and how to get rid of mold.

What is Mold?

It’s an organism, part of the fungi family, and presents everywhere, including in the air. Outside molds are an essential component of an ecosystem, as they help break plant and animal matter. But, inside mold can be problematic and exacerbate the problem if not removed. Hence, call the professionals for mold removal in Stockton as soon as you discover it.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

Mold has the potential to generate specific health problems. If you touch or inhale mold spores, it can trigger allergy-like symptoms such as:

Running nose and congestion

Eye-irritation

Sneezing

Coughing

Sore throat

Skin rash

Headache

Lung irritation

Wheezing

Watery eyes

Perhaps, mold may not be an emergency problem for some people, but you should consult with your doctor once if you have a health problem. Avoiding it might put you at a greater risk of complications.

How can you know whether you have a mold problem or not?

Whenever you see or smell mold in your house, it can be a problem for you. Regardless of their type, molds can potentially cause severe health issues. Usually, mold starts slowly from a small spot but spreads swiftly.

Causes of mold exposure

You can find mold everywhere, especially in darker places or areas. It is even in your house also. When your immune system overreacts to specific types of mold, it triggers allergies, resulting in sneezing and nasal congestion. The common types of mold causing allergies comprise:

Alternaria

Aspergillus

Cladosporium

Penicillium

How to get rid of mold

In most instances, the mold can be removed using home remedies, such as commercial products, soap, and water, and a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water. But before you commence with the removal process, open windows, and wear protective eyewear, rubber gloves, and a face mask. Never combine other cleaners or ammonia with bleach since this might cause harmful fumes. Using a brush, scrub the mold off and discard materials such as carpeting, furniture, and ceiling tiles.

You might not know, but sometimes the construction defects, failures, and water intrusion encourage mold growth. In such instances, seeking professional assistance for mold remediation in Sacramento will be worthwhile. The experts will inspect your house and decontaminate the remaining building components to ensure microbial growth doesn’t reoccur.

Wrapping Up

Never take mold for granted, as it’s extensively hazardous and can cause severe health issues and irritation in the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. You're susceptible to mold symptoms and complications if you or a family member has asthma or chronic lung disease. Using preventative measures can avoid indoor mold growth. If you have respiratory problems, call a professional contractor for mold abatement in Vacaville to remove the mold safely and make the necessary repairs.

JM Environmental Inc

Living in United States

Comments

Picture


EXPLORE MORE INTEREST